Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Paul Sarris Final

Artists Statement

               Throughout my time here in college it has become more evident how terrible humans are to the earth. Humans are constantly ruining the beautiful landscapes and cities throughout this country because of our industrialization and just lack of respect for the earth. I was influenced to do this project because I am from northwestern Connecticut and all there is around me are farms and just houses with a lot of land. I took the opportunity to travel and show all of the different ways that humans are negatively impacting the earth. In this series of photographs I explored; pollution through mass amounts of cars, littering, power lines and factories industrializing beautiful landscapes or just being wasteful of space by leaving abandon buildings and houses that are burnt out. This project made me aware of how wasteful humans really are with all of the resources that we have.




No comments:

Post a Comment