Saturday, April 19, 2014

Missed Opportunity: Jenn Smulo

My biggest missed opportunity involving photography is probably when my brother, mother, and I went to Atlantis in the Bahamas for spring break five or so years ago. Even though I had brought a camera with me, I had been so excited to ride the rides that I hadn't carried it around with me. It was one of the most gorgeous places I've ever been in my life and I so regret that I had not taken my camera out with me everywhere we'd gone to take photos. 

While we were there, my brother and I had free reign of the resort because our mother was working. The place was so full of moments that I could have taken wonderful photos. There was a small village full of touristy shops and restaurants, filled with interesting people from all around the world, a water park, shops inside the hotel, and a small town that we frequented outside of the resort. The people were so diverse that I most regret not capturing that. I haven't been anywhere else where I've seen people from so many places relaxing at the same time. 

Being in the local town was incredible. It was so cool to see how the locals lived and what their town was like. It was so different from what the tourists were supposed to see; many of them lived in poverty. It was an incredible experience that I'll remember forever, but I so wish that I had brought my camera with me to take photos of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment